Foaming Face Wash Consumption Pattern – Survey Report

Among all skin care treatment we have, facial skin care might have most of our attention. To simply keep our facial skin fresh, fair, and healthy, regularly using foaming face wash becomes an important routine of our daily beauty ritual. Face wash used to be closely associated with women’s product. However, today the market segment of this product is tremendously growing as many foaming face wash products specifically subjected for men is also available in the marketplace.

We conduct a survey regarding the foaming face wash consumption pattern among our 3.846 respondents in nationwide. We simply focus our survey by comparing male and female consumption pattern of the product. However, according to our data finding, only few part of male and female respondents consumption pattern are showing differences. Regarding the demographic composition of our respondents who participated in the survey, 55% of our respondents are male, while the rest 45% are female.

1 (4)

Notable highlight of this survey is closely related to the comparison of foaming face wash with other daily skin care and health product. Unlike another skin care and health products such as body soap, toothpaste, and mouthwash, respondents in this survey are more likely choosing and buying foaming face wash on their own.


Among all respondents who have participated in this survey, 73% of them regularly using foaming face wash. The variance of foaming face wash they regularly use is slightly different between the male and female respondents. Our male respondents in this survey are more likely to use the product that specifically subjected for men, while our female respondents prefer the whitening one rather than other variance.


To be able to capture the market competition in this product category, we asked our respondents in this survey to mention the foaming face wash brand they regularly use. Pond’s, Garnier, and Biore were mentioned as the three most used brand among respondents in this survey.


As we previously explained, the decision maker and buyer of foaming face wash is quite different than other skin care products. For foaming face wash, most respondents in this survey are buying and choosing the brand of foaming face wash by their own.


Interesting finding was also being found among respondents who switch their foaming face wash product within the last two years. From 73% respondents in this survey who regularly use foaming face wash, 58% of them ever switch to another brand. Moreover, their reasons of switching are shown in the image below.


To deeply understand respondents’ consumption pattern, we would like to examine respondents’ reason on choosing particular foaming face wash brand they are currently using. From 73% respondents in this survey who use foaming face wash, product suitability and ability becomes two most mentioned reasons. However, product specification as it is subjected for men also becomes considerable reason mentioned by our male respondents in this survey.


At last, we find several fun facts regarding the consumption pattern of respondents in this survey. Among all respondents who use foaming face wash in this survey, 91% of them usually buy the product in liquid package. Soap bar is considered as the less preferable. Moreover, mini market was chosen as the place to buy the product and most of them were buying only one unit on their latest purchase.




For more detail you can download XLS report at the button below (bahasa). JAKPAT report consists of 3 parts which are 1) Respondent Profile, 2) Crosstabulation for each question and 3) Raw Data. Respondent profile shows you demographic profiles ( gender,age range, location by province, and monthly spending). Cross tabulation enables you to define different demographic segment preference on each answer.

 You can also download PDF here:


Ready to Send A Survey?BUTTON CREATE

or Get A Sales Quote by filling this form or Call to +622745015293





Get valuable insight weekly

Consumer insights to empower your project, business, and marketing decisions.